Monday, July 7, 2008

Together at Last

Mom decided that since Skye turned 1 and has hit a lot of her milestones she would combine the two blogs.

So lets play catch up. It is summer break, which means we get to spend a ton of time with mom and dad. We go to the park two times a day, play in the backyard, swim at the YMCA or in the backyard, eat a lot of yummy treats, nap and sometimes we take day trips to new places.
Skye is cutting her molars, but is being a real sport about it and I am learning to be gentle. I'm a rowdy boy, but I have a tender heart. I still love cuddling with my mom and she soaks it up. Skye on the other hand is too busy to sit and cuddle. She loves to walk circles around the house exploring things and finding something to eat.
At Skye's last check-up she was off the charts in weight (she enjoys carbs.), 75% percentile in height and 90% in head circumference. The doctor was very impressed with Skye's language. Skye can say many words and will sound them out as best she can too. Mom told the doctor she can say "beaver" and "duck", but mom didn't think the doctor believed her. Then, the doctor gave Skye an Elmo sticker, said "Elmo" to her and Skye repeated it back. She said Skye is advanced and mom was pleased it was in something other than eating.
I am loving swimming. I will swim on my back, jump off the side of the pool and lie on those long floating mats until mom or dad flip me off. I love it when they do that. I quickly say, "again."

1 comment:

Jonah Zane Herzog said...

Very cute you two! My mom has been threatening to combine us too but the task is a bit too daunting for her... We're in town now so we'll call you soon!